3.5.09

Rhetoric wrecked (9.3.09)

Rhetoric wrecked


“God”, “God”

“Sin”, “Saved”

“Do” (or) “Die”

Don’t,

       ask

          “Why?”


“Stop, you! Stop!

and listen,

Cease, you, 

repent 

        and 

            Christen.”


“Be judged

and judge,

Believe and receive

Recall, with force,

What 

       a

         relief!”


“Why, you sir,

Why don’t you stop?

I’m talking to you,

Don’t you know what you’ve got?

A disease deep inside

Contracted at birth,

Take responsibility right now,

There’s no time for mirth.”


“Stop, your ignorance is seen

By the one who created everything

The one who’s always been.

I know, once he had so much to do,

Creation, redemption etc,

But now you matter over anything,

He’s watching now,

I bet ya!”


“Oh, oh,

Still you walk away,

Still you turn your cold, hard heart

Still you choose to delay,

The salvation you didn’t know you needed

But thirty seconds ago,

What on earth are you doing?

How can you stoop so low?”


“I will hate to say “I told you so”

Come the end of time

But that’s what I’ll have to do

The duty is given, is mine.”


“Go on, go on,

I scream in your ear in vain,

My words are mute, are lame,

Though I wonder not

As to why they limp,

No, I soldier on, victorious

assured

         and 

             without 

                  blame.”

No comments:

Post a Comment